KEEPING YOU SAFE
To our beloved customers,
We hope you are healthy and staying positive in these challenging times. Advice regarding public gatherings including local bars and social distancing is changing quickly with the federal government yesterday advising against indoor gatherings of more than 100 guests. As a result hospitality businesses around Australia have been heavily impacted with patrons opting to stay home in a bid to avoid public contact. We want to let our customers know that Whisky & Alement remains open serving some of the best whisky and beer in Australia. Alongside others in the hospitality industry, we’ve been working hard to implement measures that allow patrons to continue to enjoy a night out, whilst minimising the risk to their health. We encourage everyone to do their part in taking additional hygiene measures and ensure the safety of both patrons and staff. To keep you informed, we’ve pulled together a short list of notices that includes some of the measures we’re taking to keep you safe whilst enjoying a night out:
*Whisky & Alement has voluntarily reduced venue capacity to 25 guests at one time including table service, a ‘no standing policy’ and 1 seat distancing between groups at shared tables and bar stools.
* Melbourne Whisky Room (upstairs) will be closed for the foreseeable future with all bookings transferred to Whisky & Alement.
* It goes without saying that we have implemented greater hygiene procedures to ensure the safety of all guests including a two-step clean and sanitise procedure for all tables between guests, glove use for all food preparation, card-onlyprocedures to avoid the handling of cash and introducing the ‘welcome wave’ in place of hand shakes.
* It is with great disappointment that we have decided to postpone our 10th Birthday celebration on Friday 27th March however we simply can’t envisage a party where guests are seated 1.5 meters from each other. We reschedule our event to Spring/Summer 2020.
* Whisky Classes will resume as usual for the foreseeable future. We have reduced guest numbers by 40% (maximum 16 guests) to ensure appropriate social distancing measures are adhered to + we’ve added a complimentary pony of Fury & Sons Pilsner after the tasting to all guests who join us between now and 31st May 2020. A new exchange policy has also been implemented for class tickets. Classes booked from 21st March to 31st May 2020 may exchange their ticket for a gift voucher credit. Applications must be made via email and give a minimum of 48 hours notice prior to their booking date.
* The release of all new events has been postponed until further notice. This includes small in-house events, Melbourne Food and Wine Festival and Good Beer Week festivities.
* Most importantly, if you are sick we ask that you please stay home. The safety of our staff and patrons is our top priority.
SAFE WAYS TO SUPPORT OUR SMALL BUSINESS & KEEP JOBS ALIVE
There’s no hiding that the hospitality industry has been battered by the impact of COVID-19. We’re working hard to bring you options outside the bar to keep the drams flowing and help you support local business. Here are just a few of the ways you can help support Whisky & Alement:
* Pickup a bottle of whisky. The bottle shop will be offering a flat 10% discount on all items including glassware and whisky (and a little bit of rum). We’ll be bringing you a catalogue including prices and pics via email in the coming days.
* Looking for a gift? Gift vouchers are available online 24/7 and will give friends and family something to look forward to when life resumes as normal.
* Still not satisfied? Our team are currently working on options for a bottle shop delivery service. If you have any requests or suggestions for products or services we’d love to hear from you. Please email email@example.com
The entire team at Whisky & Alement would like to thank you for your ongoing support, it means more than you know during these exceptional times.
Stay safe, stick together and we’ll see you for a dram soon!
Brooke, Julian and the team at Whisky & Alement
The Victorian government today announced the full closure of all bars in Victoria effective midday 23 March 2020. We’re sad to say that the bar at Whisky & Alement will close for the foreseeable future. It is our civil duty to keep our staff and patrons safe and we look forward to returning with a bang!
* Our online shop is due to launch within 72 hours. Every little bit of support will help to ensure our doors reopen and again, we’d like to thank everyone for their ongoing support. It means the world to our entire team!
* Whisky Classes have been cancelled for the period of Monday 23 March to Sunday 31 May inclusive. All participants booked during this period will receive a gift voucher credit via email to book at a later date. If you have a class ticket for this period but have not yet heard from us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
*All events have been postponed to Spring 2020.